Things to look out for:
- Width of chainlink:- The standard width sizes are between 4 ft and 8 ft. Other sizes can be made as per user requirement.
- Mesh size:- This is the size of the square holes of the chain link. These are important because the smaller the mesh size, the stronger the chainlink. Our mesh sizes range from 25mm, 50mm to 80mm.
- Size of wire:- This is the thickness of wire used. The thicker the wire the stronger the chainlink. Sizes range from 1.80mm to 4.00mm diameter
- Zinc coating:- The amount of zinc coating on the wire determines the life of the chainlink. Commercial coating will give 5 to 10 years life, depending on the environment, while heavy coated wire will give up to 20 years life. It is generally recommended that coastal areas fencing material should be heavy coated due to the high humidity and salty sprays.
- Length of roll:- The standard length is 18 meters per roll.
- Edges:- Either barb end or knuckled edge (see picture below). Barb end provides better security as it is not easy to open a link and gain access. It is used mainly for high strength chain link as opposed to knuckled edge which is preferred for light weight chainlink.
We have a variety of these chainlinks, the heavy gauge chainlink, the colour coated chainlink, the type A and the type B.